Smoothies are my favorite go-to. They’re delicious, nutritious, and perfect for any time of the day. Full of nutrients from fruits and veggies, plus the addition of fiber and/or protein. This one is no exception, although I was delightfully surprised with the ingredients. I know you’ll love it just as much as I do. Yum!
The inspiration behind this recipe, came as I was trying to come up with a smoothie that was as orange in color, as possible. The idea came to me in my sleep. Ha! I couldn’t wait to get up the next morning to try it. What a delightful surprise. Naturally, I thought of oranges, carrots, mango, and ginger. Blend all the ingredients. Wow!
This has been one of the best smoothies I ever created.
This delightful smoothie mesh up together comfort, creamy, and zest with a tiny kick of spice from ginger. In fact, it’s a great detox, too.
- Ginger: use to stimulate and support digestion, reduce nausea, upset stomach, reduce constipation, and exercise-induced soreness.
- Carrots: good source of Vitamin A, fiber, vitamin K1, potassium, and antioxidants
Tip: Try to use fresh ingredients, it does make the smoothie taste incredible.
Orange Carrot Smoothie
A sweet, zesty, and creamy smoothie!
- 1 cup of mangoes
- 1 small-medium navel orange (or 1 cup of orange juice)
- 1 small carrot (or a handful of baby carrots)
- 1 small chunk of fresh ginger, peeled (or 1 tsp ground ginger)
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed or hemp seeds
- Optional: add ripe/ unripe banana if you want more sweetness or creamy texture
Add all ingredients to the blender and blend on high until smooth/creamy. Enjoy!
Serves 2 smaller servings
I hope you’ll give this one a try! Let me know when you do!
Try out the Pineapple Green Smoothie recipe, too!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. Learn more here.