When I think of breakfast, I immediately crave pancakes. I’ve always love when my dad would make them for breakfast. Best Dad Ever! Now, I’ve discovered another way to enjoy them, plus reap the health benefits. Win-Win! I am so excited to share this recipe.
BENEFITS OF OATS:
- a half of cup has 5 grams of fiber (It is recommended, adults have 20 to 35 grams of fiber per day).
- helps with digestion and prevents constipation
- reduce cholesterol levels
- reduce Blood sugar levels
- aids in weight loss
These pancakes are easy to make. You can add different mix-ins and toppings, everyone could create their own ideal stack. Enjoy them for breakfast, brunch, or even lunch. Mmmm!
Join me for breakfast by clicking the video or continue reading.
HOW TO MAKE OATMEAL PANCAKES:
You’ll need a few simple ingredients:
- Old fashioned oats
- baking powder
- Almond milk (or any non dairy milk)
- optional: chocolate chips (stir in after blending all of the other ingredients)
These pancakes are so simple to make, because the batter is made in your blender! I love using my Magic Bullet. Easy! When you blend oats and banana together, you’ll get a most delicious pancake batter.
Perfectly fluffy and delicious Oatmeal Pancakes, easy to mix up in no time.
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup rolled old fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 cup of Unsweetened Almond Milk
- optional: 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Place all ingredients, (except the chocolate chips) into a blender and blend until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat with some cooking oil. Once hot, pour 1/4 cup of pancake batter onto skillet.
- Cook until batter starts to form little bubbles and the spatula can easily get under the pancake. Flip and cook the other side for another 1-2 minutes or until pancake is thoroughly cooked.
- Continue process until you run out of batter.
Makes 6 medium pancakes
Sometimes, I’ll add the chocolate chips and place banana slices on top. You can dress any way you prefer. Make sure to drizzle maple syrup to top it off. This breakfast is perfect with a cup of Chai Latte. Mmm! Enjoy!